From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 00:54:38 EDT
Well mom had her baby yesterday at 32 weeks.  Talked to  her today and was
excited to say that baby took 3cc of formula by bottle.   Baby was on a vent but
off now and on room air at this time.  You will be  proud to know I was
completely supportive of her.  It was interesting that  all the other moms in the
chatroom she and I were in, that also had had  experience with premature
babies, that when asked how long they had to stay, the  ones that were ff all stayed
to their original due dates or beyond, and all but  one of the breastmilk
only ones went home much sooner.  Don't know if it  was coincidence or if there
is a correlation.  Mom is worried about baby  having to stay for 8 weeks, but
God willing it sounds like she is doing well so  far.  Please keep this
precious babe in your thoughts/prayers.

And thanks to all that gave me such wonderful support, and  giving me a venue
to vent.  It was a great learning experience and like  someone said, us
nurses seem to think we need to save the world from  itself....it is in our nature.
 However, there are bound to be those who  won't be saved no matter what.  I
love you guys and appreciate every bit of  support and info you give me.  I
have no idea what I did before I found  Lactnet!!!

Renee Drake RN CLC