From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:59:56 -0500
Well, Carol, I would politely ask for the research that backs this up.  I
don't think they have it.  Interventions should not be called safe unless
they are proven to be so. The burden of responsibility is upon those who
claim safety...not upon those who question its safety.

But then again, therein lies the rub.  The requirement of basing practice
upon evidence does not seem to apply univerally, depending on one's
position, one's power level, and the fees involved in the
not-as-yet-proven-to-be-safe intervention.

Kathleen