From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:41:54 -0500
" Hurt feelings are
something that we women must rise above  and realise we are all on the same
side."

Nothing personal, but I have to comment on this. We are all supposed to be
on the same side. We are supposed to be on the side of the exclusively
breastfed mother baby relationship. Women are quite right to be upset at
lactation conferences when there are no facilities for babies. If we cannot
fit babies' needs into our conferences, who can! Or are we just supposed to
stay home - or leave our babies home, and pump instead? [Nancy H. help me
out here!]
If conference organizers planned baby friendly facilities - how about even
having the speakers piped into a neighboring room where mothers could
actually hear the conference as well as care for infants - then the
distractions would not occur.
I think the other post about tolerance fizzling as our kids grow is very
true, but we must remember our profession is babies.
I suppose one day I will be annoyed on a plane when the kid behind me
cries. Right now I am just relieved that it is not my kid and I don't have
to deal with it!!!!
Anne Merewood