From:
Helen M Woodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:16:03 EDT
Lactpals,  I have had quite a few private replies from lactnetters about
these pesky things and we are all with different internet providers so it is
not an aol confined problem.
No one so far has been foolish enough to open them, Coach Linda, thanks for
your timely reminder not to touch it.  Pat, I believe they are downloads and
not attachments, I am ignorant enough not to know what the difference is but
it flags up at the bottom whether I want to download it or not and there is
not the little paper showing that it is an attachment.  I read all my mail
off line.

The notice to say that it is there is up with all the info on how to access
lactnet archives, listmoms, etc., and the one I have snipped for you says

 ile:  WINMAIL.DAT (1837 bytes)
 DL Time (32000 bps): < 1 minute

 I have mailed to Kathy Koch my concern and maybe anyone else who gets one of
these things does the same.
kind regards, Helen Woodman, NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor, Storrington, West
Sussex. UK.  mailto:[log in to unmask]