Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:23:54 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)

I have been approached by someone responsible for educating hospitals about the new Perinatal Initiatives for Exclusive BreastMilk Feeding to find or put together a simple one-page FAQ sheet for educating hospital and medical staff as to the WHY of this initiative.  It needs to be quick, to the point with an attached list of references.  If possible, those references need to be as up to date and credible as possible to avoid or limit challenges.  The issues are:  violating patient's rights, violating dr's orders.  I know this is all bogus.  But this poor educator (who is a champion with a capital C of breastfeeding and is delighted about the initiative) needs some big guns that she can throw down.  I do have Marsha Walker's "even one bottle" but the references and tiny print aren't conducive to this fight.  If I have to, I will synthesize my own, but if I don't have to reinvent the wheel, I would appreciate it.  I am going to check JHL site since I'm a member of ILCA and hope to find what I'm looking for there.Jane Kershaw, RN, BA, IBCLC

Jane Kershaw
Coordinator, Lactation Services
"A Mother's Place"
Women's Hospital @ Centennial Medical Center
(615) 342-5650

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2