From:
doulamary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:04:15 -0600
Hello,
I need to respectfully disagree on the discussion regarding "pedestals". I
am one who does not post often but when I do I often write "Dear Wise Ones".
I'm NOT putting some people on pedestals..giving them more value than
others, I'm merely recognizing my limitations in a field that is very
diverse. The wealth of knowledge on this list is mind-blowing. I'm not a LC,
I am a Doula and a CBE and have only been working with breastfeeding moms
for five years. Realizing some on the list with vast experience I feel like
an apprentice with much to learn from those who have been doing this for a
long time. I feel the same way when I am with a Doula who has been doing her
work for twenty years, respect is there and I'm grateful to learn from the
best!

Getting Wiser,
Mary Anderson
Doula (DONA)