From:
Kristen Panzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:35:06 -0500
Dear All,

The point of my prior post was the importance of Karleen’s paper on donor
milk handling and that breastmilk should be the presumptive food for babies
in the form of donor milk when mother’s own milk is not available. Perhaps
that wasn't clear.

In any case, I avoid the comparisons and analogies between breastmilk and
formula to the best of my ability. I believe there's very little to gain
from going there. Maybe it’s the demographic I work in but I never have to
convince a mother that breastmilk is better than formula –it’s the rare
mother I meet who doesn’t already know that and she’s probably not seeking
my counsel anyway.

Best,
Kristen Panzer, MS IBCLC
Dutchess County, NY