From:
Kelly Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 12:13:12 -0700
It sounds like the hospitals need to educate the new mothers. Is it one
particular hospital? You might try contacting the hospitals and getting them
to explain what the pump is for.

You might even offer to write a page about using the pump and include a
section on how to tell if your baby is getting enough milk. This is a good
way to introduce the fact that pumps are no where near as efficient as
baby's sucking. I'm assuming these are manual pumps, not electric ones, and
certainly not high-quality hospital pumps.

Anyway, in your case, I think the hospitals need to adequately explain why
they're giving away a pump.

Hope this helps,
--Kelly