Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:20:16 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< getting a lot of weird statements about Drs these days...
 Jay Simpson, CLE >>

Well, patients sometimes misunderstand what their doctor says.  Of course,
this can be the Dr's fault too because the doctor should make sure that the
patient understands what is going on and also make sure that all questions are
answered satisfactorily.  I learned long time ago that when a patient quotes
another doctor and it sounds weird/nuts/wrong or whatever, I make sure that I
check with that doctor first before being to quick to criticize.  Also, it is
a truism that patients do lie.
As LC's, have you ever been misunderstood by a patient?
Andrew MD