From:
Nicki Heskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 00:48:30 -0700
Greetings all,

I write about breastfeeding online at Bellaonline.com, and I've been
following this group for a while, but this is the first time I am writing.
I currently have no professional credentials, only my own personal
experience breastfeeding and lots of problems I had to solve with my first.
I'm often the "lay consutant" around here with friend and friends-of-friends
(very careful with the scope I allow this to take).

I do want to pursue something like the CAPPA CLE (certified lactation
educator) program, with the aim of possibly teaching breasfeeding classes,
support groups or maybe assisting LCs at local hospitals/feeding centers.  I
am not interested at this time in pursuing any sort of an LC (IBCLC or
other) and doing any sort of private practice or one-on-one consulting.
I've also ruled out pursuing LLLI leadership at this point.

But I wondered if anyone here had any experience with the CAPPA program, or
had something similar I should be looking into before starting this program.
Have others done it?  Have thoughts or impressions of it?  Worked with CAPPA
CLEs and have a sense of their ability level?  Any info or insight would be
appreciated.  I'm currently planning on enrolling in their distance learning
program.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and time....

Nicki Heskin
http://breastfeeding.bellaonline.com