Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:29:30 -0500
Any chance someone could *post* the updated codes?  There aren't that many,
are there?

I stopped using the superbill when an insurance person said to me, over the
phone, "Now let's see.  I have your HCFA-1500 in front of me, and this other
form that I don't understand..."  From then on I've used the HCFA form
exclusively (it's usually red ink on white paper and can be bought in bulk
at any office store), and use the superbill just to get the codes.  But
couldn't we list the most common codes here?

For my part, I use E0600 for rentals, E1399 for purchases, 11 for office
visits, 12 for home visits.  Most new consults I consider 99241
("consultation - physician referral"), and the baby code I usually use is
779.3 ("feeding difficulty - newborn") or if the baby is 6 weeks or older,
783.3 ("feeding difficulty - infant").
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com