From:
Lisa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:34:31 -0500
Having dealt with psoriasis now for the last eight years (since I met my
husband, coincidence? :)) I have an idea for the mom that Robyn is helping.
  There is a particular variety of psoriasis called Kebner's Syndrome,
whereby any injury to the skin will heal in psoriasis lesions.
 Unfortunately, this is the type that I have and must be very careful about
nicking myself or even scratching insect bites.  Also  unfortunately, every
dermatologist I have ever consulted has told me that the only way to relieve
the lesions is to use a steroidal based cream.  I have opted out of that
since I am always nursing or pregnant, even though the creams are only
topical.
  It does help to keep the skin very moist, so maybe pure lanolin will work
for this mom and she won't need to traumatize her skin further by rubbing it
off.
  Hope it works out for her, I know how hard this can be.
  LIsa Jones, LLLL in sunny Wellington FL