From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:07:37 +0200
On 11 Jul 2003 at 9:55, Karleen Gribble wrote:

> After sending my earlier post I remembered a painting that has a
> mother reading while her child breastfeeds. It's called Moeder en kind
> http://www.aleitamento.org.br/barroc5a.htm

I really like this picture. I saw it 'live' on an exhibition in the
Frans Hals museum in Haarlem. Of course it is much nicer than this
reproduction can show. It is not very large, probably at the most a
meter high.
I don't remember exactly how old my dd was, but she was in and out
the sling, so anywhere between 1.5 and 3 yo. There were two ladies in
front of us. They glanced at the picture and said something in Dutch
that can be translated as 'groce'. They didn't like the fact that
such a large child was nursing. I was a bit insulted, but didn't
inform them of this, not too spoil the event any more.

--
Heleen Hayes
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes