From:
Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:15:16 -0500
> Good afternoon. Please don't fret, as I would not close down Lactnet
> unless I could not figure out another way, along with my very wonderful
> admin volunteers, to work things through.

All the list mothers have been working behind the scenes for some time now
trying to figure out the path we want Lactnet to take in the future.  We
were having very serious discussions several weeks ago and came very close
to some major changes.  Then, the discontent settled down and it seemed like
the Lactnet of old.  Things are getting stirred up again.  :-(

We know how important this list is or we wouldn't be spending so much time
trying to make things better.  We also all have very full other lives and
families.  Kathleen is dealing with major family issues and working as an
IBCLC.  I have a chronically ill child and am working full time teaching
learning disabled children.  Rachel is working as a midwife and going to
school.  Karen and Melissa are busy with job and family responsibilities.
We don't have the time to give to the list that we once had.  When I first
started as a listmother my youngest was 2.  Now she is 8!

Rest assured that none of us wants to see the list stop, but for our sanity
there need to be some changes!  This list has enriched so many lives...I
would not be an IBCLC without Lactnet.  I now have a friend in Norway (Hi
Rachel!) and contacts and friends everywhere.  I *love* reading JHL and
LEAVEN and New Beginnings and seeing names I know.

We'll get things worked out!

Kathy