From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:31:28 -0400
I agree with Elisheva & whoever else (sorry, I forget which of the Wise Ones
it was) who are concerned that trying to get even very bad books about
BF'ing removed from the library moves perilously close to censorship &
related scary things. Re: this current abomination (BFing w/o Guilt by any
other name...), from the reviews it has on Amazon.com it seems that it will
die out from its own lack of merit. I was absolutely thrilled to see those
reviews on Amazon.com - I had always just assumed that they only put up the
good ones, so was dazzled by the presence of these negative ones, and the
overall abysmal rating it had there! What a treat!

I (well, WIC technically, but under my clever hand!) donated several good BF
books to our local library in honor of World Breastfeeding Week, and
requested that a bookplate be inserted saying who they came from and the
occasion for the donation. Now at least I know those books are there, and I
even included that info in a handout for women who wanted to find out more
about BFing.

Cathy Bargar RN, IBCLC