From:
Denise Arcoverde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:50:30 -0300
The White House
Washington
July 30, 1997

Warm greetings to everyone observing World Breastfeeding Week, sponsored by
the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action.

This week offers us a valuable opportunity to raise awareness about the
benefits of breastfeeding. Health care professionals agree that
breastfeeding improves the health of both baby and mother, providing a
natural defense against many illnesses and allergies for babies and lowering
the risks of osteoporosis and some concers for their mothers. Breastfeeding
provides the most complete source of nutrition for infants, enhancing their
growth and development. Most important, breastfeeding helps to deepen the
special bond that links mother and child.

Increasing the number of women in the United States who breastfeed their
children remains a priority as we work to create a healthier nation. By
observing this special week, we are moving toward our goal of improving the
health of all women and giving our children a better start in life.

Best wishes for a successful and informative week.

Bill Clinton

____________

Memo from the White House:

Please be aware that the White House has long-standing guidelines governing
the use of Presidential messages. The enclosed message may be used only at
the time for which it was requested and for the specific purpose for which
it was sought. Under no circumstance is the message to be altered, used for
recruiting, reproduced for fundraising solicitations or annual reports,
represented as an endorsement, used for adversiting, or used for any other
purpose without the written consent of the White House.

Denise Arcoverde
Grupo Origem/WABA Brasil/IBFAN Recife
Av. Beira Mar, 3661 Lj. 18 - Casa Caiada - Olinda - PE - 53130-540 - Brasil
Telefax: 55.81.4321913
Origem website: http://www.elogica.com.br/aleitamento
WABA Global Forum website: http://www.elogica.com.br/waba