Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:02:30 EST
Dear Lactation friends:  I'm working with a mom of 2 month old twins who  has
been producing almost a full milk supply via combo of nursing,pumping with
Classic and has been happy as could be until this week when she began to have
problems with MER during pumping as well as nursing.  She had this problem
with her now 2 year old but we began working together after her milk supply
had been greatly affected and we never could get it reestablished.  It's now
happening again.  With first baby, dr checked her thyroid and prolactin
levels (don't know why this was checked) and everything was normal and there
were no unusual issues in her life to cause stress.  This time is the same -
she started out working through a bf problem and then sailed along, happy as
a clam, balancing all the kids and pumping and very peaceful and then she
called this am and said it took her almost 15 minutes the night before to let
down while nursing her sone in bed.  She had been unable to let down to her
pump several times in the past couple of days though she had been pumping
lots of milk previously.....any ideas?   So far her milk supply has not been
compromised... but it's going to happen if we don't fix the problem.
    Judy Eastburn, IBCLC in private practice ,   Dallas, TX