From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:04:10 -0600
This is a news item from September, but as I'm cleaning up my inbox, I'm
sending it to Lactnet so it will be in the archives for anyone researching
HIV through the archives.

Janice Reynolds.

http://www.vnagency.com.vn/NewsA.asp?LANGUAGE_ID=2&CATEGORY_ID=32&NEWS_ID=11
8708

Viet Nam, Japan cooperate in research on purifying breast milk of HIV

 09/21/2004 -- 10:49(GMT+7)
 HCM City, Sept. 21 (VNA) - The Tu Du Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City is
coordinating with several Japanese universities in research a machine which
could purify breast milk of HIV-infected mothers.

Samples of blood, milk and placenta from HIV-positive mothers and their
babies taken at the hospital are to be sent to Japan for testing.

Experts hope to make the milk safe for children.

There are high expectations for the project as it will help prevent the
transmission of HIV from breast-feeding mothers to their children not yet
infected with HIV, and reduce expenditure on buying formula.-Enditem