From:
"Jacqui Gruttadauria." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:39:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/2003 9:47:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Dear Jacqui
re:
"but I do recall about 2-3 yrs ago reading an
article discussing the drawbacks of the cross-cradle hold. I am pretty sure
it
was either LLL's new beginnings or mothering magazine..."

this article may be of interest to you. Don't know if is what you referring
to?

The Mother-Baby Dance:
Positioning and Latch-On
Andrea Eastman, MA, CCE, IBCLC
From: LEAVEN, Vol. 36 No. 4, August-September 2000, pp. 63-68
http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAugSep00p63.html

it has some good info on cross cradle as well as others holds.
cheers
karen clements,
that url did not work for me... but i think that is a link i already have. it
is one of my faves as it has images, i often send it to moms i am working
with. this is the one i have:
The Mother-Baby Dance: Positioning w/ Images*
(http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAugSep00p63.html)
i also have 2 more with images, one for nursing positions with twins. here
they are in case anyone else can ever use them:
BFing Positions/Holds (Images)*
(http://www.nursingmother.com/helpme/helpme_images_positioning.html)
BFing Twins - Position/Hold Images*
(http://www.nursingmother.com/helpme/helpme_images_twins.html)

if anyone knows of any galleries or user friendly sites geared toward helping
the mother herself and not just lactation professionals, i would be very
gratified! of course i have and recommend several books, but many of my moms
really value being able to save a link and pop on and off the computer throughout
the day to refresh their memories on correct information - as do i!  thanks in
advance!
~jacqui gruttadauria, already freezing (literally - temps in the 30's
yesterday) in michigan~
"bobo, what are you doing to deedle?"
"pankin him butt, mumma"
"bobo, we don't spank in this house"