Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 01:02:07 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Do you suppose that when we offer case studies to each other on Lactnet, including our feelings associated with the difficulties we encounter with others in the medical profession, that we are not simply complaining, but truly seeking help from our peers?  Is that not a legitimate use of this forum?  
Personally, I find working with and helping breastfeeding mothers is extremely rewarding and wonderful.  The environments that many of us find ourselves in do not always support a woman's desire to breastfeed, and that is where the frustration comes in.  I am responsible for education of staff, but find it very discouraging when faced with the same needs for learning over and over. I have taught the same material to the same people with no change in their behavior.   I believe that I try my best to be a support person by answering questions, encouraging staff to utilize self-study materials, and praising them for the good work that they do--going the extra mile and more.  When I am out of ideas or energy, I come here for recharging and for your expertise.  The variety of answers and opinions is helpful and enlightening.  The cumulative wisdom and experience is amazing to me.
We are human AND professionals, and I believe that Lactnet reflects this reality.
Thank you for your support, past, present, and future.
Patricia Ellis, RN, MA, IBCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2