From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:40:36 -0700
Hi All,
A friend of mine (who is also a WIC PC) just called me, upset that her 2 yr
old has been diagnosed with baby bottle mouth.  He has never had a bottle,
and she is now convinced that the night nursing he did (was a voracious
night nurser, but has been weaned, by mom, to only once a night) was a
direct cause of this condition.  I talked to her, explaining that the real
problem was that he had weak enamel and that he would have had this problem
even w/o the night nursing.  She said that she did believe that, but is
convinced that the night nursing he did made it even worse than it would
have been.
What are your thoughts on this?  From my reading I have gathered that night
nursing really plays no part in BBM bc the milk (if any) goes right down the
throat and does not pool in the babys mouth.
Comments?
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."