From:
Jill Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:56:06 -0600
        Shelters in St. Louis have running H20 & refrig. so ABM can be mixed.  I
need to put warning labels on client returned formula before I give it to
our pediatric clinic.  Formula feeding pts. have a right to know about the
risks & hazards of formula.
        Promote human milk banks so one day banked human milk is a real option for
cases where mother's milk is not being used.  Why can't WIC give vouchers
to the human milk bank?  We could if we had enough banks.
        Moms who are feeding inappropriate foods in bottles need education.  Money
ran out?  Not good enough.  The baby is the ultimate priority in the family
-- teach those values.
        If you have a client who is leaving a baby alone without food - breast or
bottle fed to go buy drugs, it sounds like neglect & needs to be reported.
We are lucky to have a clinic social worker.
Jill Lund, RD, MS
St. Louis, Missouri WIC, USA
 "Loving Support Makes Breastfeeding Work"