From:
Jodi Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:49:21 -0700
Marsha wrote:

"I would ask if she truly eliminated *all* dairy first.  This sounds like it
could be an allergy and for a truly allergic child (I know.  I had one) ANY
dairy, contained in any food elicits the symptoms.  Eliminating all dairy is
not so simple as just cutting out milk and cheese.  Check first and see if
she truly did eliminate all dairy in any form (this includes "whey",
contained in many packaged foods.)"

Also included in this list of dairy/animal items that are often overlooked
when eliminating dairy/meat from one's diet are rennet and casin.
"casin..." often appears as a prefix or suffix too.

Just thought I'd add the ones I miss when eliminating animal and dairy from
our diet.  If I've missed any more, please enlighten me!!  Thanks!

Jodi Barnard
British Columbia, Canada