From:
Merilee Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:55:26 EST
I have somewhat of an ethical question, which may not apply to everyone
worldwide.  It is probably mostly for Americans, I apologize for that.
If  a person (LC, mother, sister, friend, etc.) has a fairly accessible
source of domperidone (OTC as motilium in many European countries) and
thought that it might help a breastfeeding mother that they are
working/acquainted with, would it be illegal (as in "giving prescription
medicine without a license" kind of illegal) to give this medicine to her?  I
know that it has been suggested that mothers can get these medications from
other countries legally, but would this scenario be different and more
problematic?   Thanks for any input.
Tchüss,
Merilee