From:
Marilyn Fergus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 10:23:48 -0400
I know that I am fighting a battle That I wil not win however I would like to
go down fighting. One of the new anesthesia groups would like to start using
PCEA for post c-section pain control. They would leave the catheter in and
bolus with Duramorph on day one and day 2 then remove for pain contol. I am
having a hard time with this and wonder if anyone else has experience with it.I
have Marsha Walkers  book "" Using the evidence" and getting some of the
articles about epidurals in general But do any of you have other suggestions?
our epidural rate is climbing  I see more sleepy babies, uncoordinated sucking
efforts,and just people who want to give the baby a bottle rather let them
stay with the mother. If you know of any recent articles or studies could you
post.If you have experience with this could you share.
Thanks ,
Marilyn