From:
Emily Roysdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:53:56 -0700
On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 04:18, Pat Young wrote:
> Gushing is OK!  They are great ladies who have contributed a huge amount to
> BF.

In that case, I need to gush too.  I had the great privilege of hearing
Dr. Katherine Dettwyler speak last week here in Modesto, California.  It
was amazing to see the diversity of college students, crunchy parents,
medical professionals, etc., hearing (many, for the first time) about
the reality of infant feeding practices, as well as the existence of
extended nursing right there in Modesto (I got a few incredulous looks
myself when I mentioned my nursing 5 year old ;-)

Thanks to years on Lactnet and reading her website, I felt well-informed
even before I attended, but it's wonderful to think that are more people
in my area who have this information and will pass it on to those in
their circle.  The ripple effect of the information is going to do so
much to further the cause of breastfeeding, and my two friends and I
left there feeling hopeful and energized.  The conversation after her
lecture (entitled, "Beauty and the Breast") was excellent too, and I'm
afraid one of my friends and I did a bit too much gushing when we
thanked her as we left ;-)

Emily Roysdon, IBCLC-wanna be
and mama to Noah Joshua (5 years old tomorrow!) and Rebekah Grace (2.5)
http://emily.roysdon.net