Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:42:44 EST

Jan,

    I experienced this personally with my own  sons.  I was one of those
unlucky moms who always got her period back at 3  months pp.  Please don't lecture
me about not nursing enough.  My  second child was very high need, and nursed
day and night.  Both  boys would escalate at the same time frame as your
client, but there was  also a corresponding dip in milk supply.  I have come
across this  frequently with other mothers that I work with.  One of my moms was an
 oversupply mom who would actually use milk in her surplus supply, and pump
and dump prior to her period to avoid the PMS from her baby.  I have never
met anyone else who thought that it was that bad, but continue to  find numerous
examples of heightened emotion and lower milk  supply.  I don't think it is a
coincidence.

Debbie Albert, RN, Ph.D., LMHC, IBCLC, RLC
Advanced Lactation  Care, Inc.
Tampa, FL