Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:48:57 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hi, I hope that I am not repeating something that is posted here often, but I could not find my answer in the archives.   Our town does not employ  IBCLCs at either hospital.  The RNs do the counseling, and mothers can call CLCs at WIC for guidance even if they do not qualify for WIC.  Also, there is an active LLL in town.  I am attemptng to convince our hospitals that it is in THEIR best interests to hire IBCLCs.  I have gathered the AAP recs on BFing, as well as the Healthy People 2010 initiative.  I have found a couple of journal articles relating IBCLCs in hospital to higher rates of BFing.  I still need to look into the WHO recs.  I'd really appreciate any additional input that any of you might have.  How can I go about convincing the powers that it is in their bests interests (you know, $$$) to hire an additional person to do this job?  If you were meeting with the medical directors, what would you say to win this battle?  Please feel free to email me privately.  Thanks so much.

~Anne Burrough , M.D., hopefully soon IBCLC~

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2