Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:27:15 -0500
>On a side, last night I was putting some night-cream on my face and was
>shaking the bottle with my right hand, putting it on w/ my left hand -- I
>felt SOOOO awkward, trying to smooth it over my face.  I'm extremely right
>handed, and doing anything "technical" (short of typing and dealing cards) w/
>my left hand is VERY difficult for me.

Jan, did you know that doing "new" things, or doing old things with your
non-dominant hand will keep your brain cells stimulated and sharp for the
looooonnnnng haul?  In articles about getting older in years but not
declining mentally, they recommend that we do routine things once in a
while with the non-dominant hand--such as brushing teeth, combing hair,
opening bottles, etc.

One can also put jigsaw puzzles together or work cross-word puzzles... or
have a job that is different and challenging each and every day--nothing
routine.  Now, where would we find such an occupation?

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who is excited about having an MD call the Canadian
pharmacy for Domperidone for a mother.  Whee!!
Mailto:[log in to unmask]