Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 09:26:28 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
My friend had her appointment last week and they couldn't find any problem at all with the placenta.  Two Dr's looked at the ultrasound and they said that a mistake must have been made because they couldn't find any problem.  They also said the baby looked very healthy.  We are all very relieved. 

I had a few replies to my query re breastfeeding with an intact placenta. This rare situation is becoming less rare with the increased number of Caesarean deliveries. 
Angie wrote me to share an experience. "We recently had a percreta and they left the placenta in and gave mom methotrexate to shrink it which is contraindicated for breastfeeding." Linda wrote wondering about the effect of progesterone as a suppressant of prolactin and whether there would be a subsequent increase in milk volume if progesterone did not drop. More than one person wrote to encourage me to keep copious and careful notes for a case study for JHL. It would have been a helpful case study for someone else, I'm sure. Meanwhile I am relieved, although annoyed that this diagnosis was not thoroughly checked before sharing it.  

Linda Romphf, LLLC, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2