From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:00:08 -0500
Sheila wrote: I also have been using the Unipulse along side the classic at our
hospital for over 10 months and the Unipulse is so well received.  It
has become the pump of choice for any mom who has nipple trauma,
bruising or extremely sensitive nipples.  It is the only pump that has
one way airflow and is truly an industrial pump.  I have had great
success with bringing in any new moms milk supply also.  It was hard to
believe that our consultants and nurses could be won over.

I thought the Ameda collection kit is one way air flow also. My understanding is that the air in the bottle that you start pumping with is the air that you end up with. No air moves in or out of the bottle until you take it off the breast. I have heard a competitor call it "dead air." I also understand that other brands have air moving down the tubing and through the bottles/flanges. Can you explain what you meant about the Unipulse being the only pump with one way airflow? What do you mean by how it is an industrial pump? (What is an industrial pump?)

Thanks for sharing this information, Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC