From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 13:49:16 +0100
The details were handed over to John Randall in the last hour or so.  Now we
need the MP at the detention end - Alister Burt to be contacted equally.

The detention centre have refused access to the high grade electric pump
taken up yesterday by the National Childbrith Trust rep in the area.  They
claim the mother has been seen by a midwife and "there is no problem".  This
is often stated by the detention centre, and when detainees are then spoken
to by solicitors, different stories emerge.

I had been trying to form a support group over appalling treatment of
nursing mothers in the asylum system in the UK, and got half way there and
ran into peresonal problems in the family which sidelined it.  Guess it's
all back on again as of today.

Yarl's Wood have removed mothers from nursing babies before, and it was
indentified as illegal last time.  It's more complex this time, as she was
sent to Yarl's Wood after the babies were removed by Hillingdon Social
Services.

It's been asked that anyone with lactation credentials email/phone/fax with
details of how this is medically dangerous for mother and infant: and to
specify in detail the problesm that can arise.

Two MPs constituencies are involved.  John Randall  in the area that has the
children:

[log in to unmask]  This is the MP Melanie conacted - and as I said, he
now has those details.

Alister Burt in the area that has the mother:   [log in to unmask]

Emails should state you are concerned and asking for support, and state
clearly the medical issues, and your own lactation/medical credentials.

two other MPS in the area with the children are:

John McDonnel    [log in to unmask]  he is in opposition, and in the
media at the moment - so a good call for added support

and

Nicholas Hurd  [log in to unmask]

Your emails to other than John Randall can state he has the date of biirth
and reference nubers of Ms Maseko

I'm hoping to arrange a visit with Ms Maseko today, to take a hand pump and
some other supplies.

Morgan