From:
Carol Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 17:40:14 -0500
Hi!
I'm Carol Kelley, a LLL Leader for 14 years from the Greenville SC area. I'm
also the mom of four daughters,ranging in age from 17 to almost 7, all of
whom nursed into toddlerhood. My "first 4th" daughter, Katherine was born at
26 wks gestation and yes, I breastfed her. OK I pumped for 4 months and she
first actually nursed at~3 months. In terms of intake, my supply was terrible
so she got lots of supplement. Katherine had bronchopulmonary dysplasia  and
died at the age of 11 months. Sorry, that's such a downer of an intro, but
its an important part of my lactation experience.

Since Katherine, we've had Rachel, our non-stop whirlwind, and I've been an
sometime pre-med at Furman U. Don't know that I'll ever get to med school,
I'd still like to try. I also have a renewed commitment to breastfeeding
(thanks Michele!) and am so glad I found Lactnet.

Carol Kelley, LLLL