Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:20:40 -0400
More than the parasite comment, I found this to be particularly rude:

<<Lactation consultants are usually very pro-breastfeeding — some militantly
so — and will not only answer questions but also will probably convince you
to keep at it if you're feeling a bit discouraged.>>

Would you seek information about vegetarianism from someone who "fell back"
upon consumption of beef to meet protein requirements? No, we would expect
this person to be well-versed on how to meet nutritional requirements
without resorting to something outside of their area of expertise. Being a
vegetarian is not a simple way of life, especially since the US is so
deeply-rooted in meat foods. I would certainly not be thrilled to have my
advisor tell me that vegetarianism is too difficult for me to do, so I need
to supplement with a hamburger.

If I was looking for information about anything, I would certainly expect
the person to be well-informed, and quite sold on her "product." Are other
experts so equally condemned?

Annoyed in stifling hot SE Ohio,
Heather "Sam" Doak

<<Hi all,

On this site, the author compares a breastfeeding (a
baby sucking) to a parasite.  Please consider emailing
Discovery Health about this.

http://health.discovery.com/centers/baby/care/breastfeedingtips.html

Thanks,
Pam.