From:
Mary Jozwiak IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:08:56 -0500
Thank you, Nikki! You (as well Karen KG and others) saw *through* my
perhaps, unthinking use of a term to see what *really* happened.

I never "told" her what to do. Just got a bit frustrated when the
suggestions we came to together and agreed on were not used as she said she
wanted to, and then she got upset that "Nothing has gotten better." She and
I had a heart to heart, about how I really needed to know what she *wanted*
from my help.

She wanted the SNS alone, seems to be doing well with it (in fact did as
well, if not better than almost any first time SNS user I have worked with)
and seems to understand it's uses and limitations. As the baby leaves more
and more supp in the SNS bottle, I feel she will realize he is doing well
on her milk alone, or perhaps with a small amount of expresed milk or even
some ABM, when she panics. She needs that cushion of securty, her first
baby lost "too much" weight while exclusively bf and she is scared.

This second baby is almost 12 lbs at 6 weeks but it still may take her a
while to realize he is really really healthy and OK.

Thank you all again. And thank you who saw and understood the entire
*several hundred word post*, and it's subsequent ones. :)

Mary Jozwiak IBCLC, RLC, LLLL, AAPL
Private Practice