From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 13:38:09 EDT
Regarding the use of zip-lock baggies for storing ebm....
Many mothers with whom I have worked have found it most convenient to use
regular disposable bottles, sold by many companies and available for about
$100 per 100 in our area. We do suggest they double-bag and then put two to
four of these into one quart size zip-top freezer bag. (Just to help prevent
breaks, tears or punctures of the frozen bags... Would hate to thaw a bag
out, only to have it run down the sink...)

However, this is for normal, full term babies. When dealing with a premature,
immuno-compromised, or sick baby, I do recommend taking the extra precaution
of using bottles. (or whatever the hospital has requested, if the baby is in
hospital)

Laura Wright,
Jackson, MS