From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 07:58:06 +1100
Met and listened to Cathy Genna yesterday here in Sydney (she says hi!). Cathy was talking about breastfeeding issues with anatomical variations like tongue tie. I'm one who does not know a lot about the anatomy of the mouth or the minutae of the process of sucking and swallowing but I found her presentation fascinating and understandable. Very enjoyable and lovely to meet Cathy. I really think that for mums whose children have suckling issues that understanding what is happening must give them more power and help them feel more in control of the situation even if it does not change the day to day of what their life is like. Have others found that this is the case??
Karleen Gribble
Australia