From:
"C. Beckham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:12:34 -0500
Dear Lactneters,
        I have a mom who is nursing an 11 month old and is pregnant.  She
was told by a nutritionist in her doctor's office that she must wean
immediately because her sugar is already fluctuating.  She had Gestational
diabetes controlled by a 2000 calorie diet in the first pregnancy.  She does
not want to wean.  I tried to search the Lactnet Archives and found this
same question had been asked several times in the past, but there are no
answers in the archives.  Do people usually share answers by private email
only?  If you have any information please pass it on to me.  Is it necessary
to wean?  Are there any dangers to mom, toddler or fetus if she doesn't
wean?  A question about the archives:  There were 48 references to GD, I
tried to retrieve about 17 of them, only 10 could be retrived though there
were short beginnings of all of them.  Is this typical?  I have never done
this before.  Thank you for your help.
Carroll Beckham, Fayetteville, NC