Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 07:45:24 -0700

>  Those are pretty substantial splits.  Is the skin dry as well?  I'd be
> included to ask *what else* has changed, e.g. has the baby started on new
> foods recently, traces of the new food going from mouth to nipple?

She basically only eats banana I think.  Her mom said she'd stop the banana
and try avocado instead maybe.

> Another thought is - some vit E creams may sting on open skin (personal
> experience).  Depends on the brand, and what else is in the base, and
> whether it is potentially allergenic.  I don't let vit. E creams near me
> now.

I told her not to put E creams on her nipple...I know that toxicity can
build up in the baby quickly sometimes.  But I thought maybe an oral dose of
E was what was needed.  Someone else suggested maybe A would be better, as E
can keep open wounds from healing?

> Finally, the best healing agent of all that I've seen is mother's own
> milk.  I've seen incredible results with two of the worst examples of nipple
> damage I've seen, one of them in a 6.5-hour period. Breast milk, dabbed on
> very frequently and air-dried, seems to give better results than I've seen
> with the hypoallergenic, modified lanolin preparations - and babies aren't
> put off by the taste.

She has been doing this since the beginning of the problem, 2-3 weeks ago.

Fio