Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2018 23:32:59 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Kris,

I will rant along with you. I know this is happening with Tricare because we have a mom who donates her numerous boxes of milk storage containers that TriCare sends her every month to moms with NICU babies. It’s ridiculous. Moms are also getting new pumps “for free” even though they have a perfectly good one at home just because they can. They often sell them or give them away.

Holly McSpadden

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 31, 2018, at 4:51 PM, kristn54321 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 

> I'm just wondering what you think about women who get a free breast pump and supplies through insurance, or in my world, Tricare, and sell it. Sometimes the pumps are never used.

> I'm aware that some companies that issue the pumps send replacement parts, tubing, etc. just because they can. A woman recently told me she is sent new tubing for her pump every 2 weeks so she just changes them out every 2 weeks. I'm sure everyone on Lactnet knows that most pump parts will last if cared for.

> I know it is insurance fraud.

> I'm an IBCLC who had a private practice before pumps were provided by insurance. I rented and sold pumps that included some free consultation and instruction on the pump. Now, working for a military hospital, part of my time is spent teaching women how to use their pump. Unfortunately, most think they have to pump now whereas the stay at home moms wouldn't be pumping at all or so soon if they had to purchase a pump. 

> What gets me is that I have seen some outrageous invoices packed with my patient's pumps...very high prices that people wouldn't pay out of pocket. Milk storage bags are sent to them in massive quantities. I wonder if the full amount is being paid or is it adjusted...Just like my insurance doesn't pay providers the full amount they are billed for.

> My rant for the day...just looking for comments to see if you are seeing these same things. I don't like seeing my tax dollars wasted.

> Kris Nilson BSN RN IBCLCSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

> 

>             ***********************************************

> 

> Archives: https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.lsoft.com%2Farchives%2FLACTNET.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf3e6f5db98bb404bd18508d597492320%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636581262732757975&sdata=lxbPiOQwQQmiPbucEXsb5EzsoyX7ShWDO%2BrIGeWFDhg%3D&reserved=0

> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

> COMMANDS:

> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2