Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:15:01 -0400
Dear Group,

I am a Regis and Kelly junkie, I confess. I have been having a lot of
trouble listening to Regis complain and moan about how disgusting it is
to see a woman breastfeed or even to talk about it and this morning's
show, tore it! He evidently saw her nursing her new daughter just before
going on stage,... he lit into her saying he was "forced to see
something he never wants to see again"  She apologized, saying it was an
emergency and he continued to go on and on about no one should have to
see that.... so I wrote to the show. My letter is below. If anyone else
saw this and feels outraged, please send a note. The site is :
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/livewithregis/keepintouch/email.html

"I find it discouraging that Regis goes on and on about how disgusting
it is to talk about or accidentally SEE Kelly breastfeeding her
daughter. I was actually hoping this show would make positive statements
about the benefits of Breastfeeding and maybe even feature Kelly feeding
her baby (discretely covered with receiving blanket or using nursing
blouse) on the show. Many women are put off by the expectation that
breastfeeding requires exposing their breast publicly. It does not! It
is important to help get the word out that Breastfeeding is THE natural,
normal, and best way to feed our children.

Both your cohosts have known the benefits of breastfeeding, and your
show has accommodated their needs to have their children nearby. Please
consider changing your personal attitude. Negativity can sabotage a
breastfeeding couple. Maybe you could do a segment on the benefits of
breastfeeding over formula feeding. You have the ability to make a
positive statement in favor of breastfeeding that could change the
attitudes of your viewers and improve the lives of babies, nationwide.

Check out this web site for more information.
http://users.erols.com/cindyrn/

And get OVER it! Kelly has chosen the best method to care for her baby.
There is nothing disgusting about what Kelly is doing, only your
reaction to it! You need to get with the program and be supportive,
publicly!"

Wendy
Post-partum Doula
Western Massachusetts