From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:14:24 +1000
 Hi Gina,
I managed not to have apoplexy on reading your message. I'm about to look in the defnitive text on the WHO Code, by one of those invovled in the drafting of the code, Dr Sami Shubber. It includes all the documents. I suspect this commercial entity's service exploits a grey area under 8.2, i.e. on whether this woman is "marketing personnel" and what constitutes "education". I'm sure someone else (Liz Brooks) will alrady post some comments before I find time to check this out - differnt time zones. In any case it would seen that this IBCLC has a huge conflict of interest. I note you specifically found out that she is an IBCLC, not another category of advisor.

Some company websites, esepcially Australian ones, now are only accessible by consumers and health professionals if they electronically sign a request to enter the advice parts of the websites.

Virginia
in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

I don't know if this is the right venue to discuss this-but I was upset to see that the Nestle literature now advertises a Gerber Certified Lactation Consultant to answer moms breastfeeding questions
They also have an IBCLC working for them-a mom can call and make an appointment for her to call them back .
When I spoke to this person she would only give me her first name, and she did specify that yes she is an IBCLC-I told her I was a bit confused that she would be working for a formula company-she replied that she does not promote breast milk substitutes and assist nestle in providing literature in line with recommendations from the CDC and ABM.
Am I crazy or does this just seem wrong?

Gina Johnson RN,CIMI,IBCLC

...One drop of colostrum has 3 million antibodies.....Dr. M.Cregan