Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:15:22 -0400
Rachel says,

I may be reading this in the worst possible light, but it appears to  me
after reading the answers to the FAQs from IBLCE that it is possible for  a
local organization to accept money from a formula manufacturer when they
put
on a conference or a study day, as long as they disclose to those  attending
that they got money from the mfr *and* the mfr has not made  any
requirements about how the organization uses the money.  Whew!   Glad that's
sorted, once and for all!

As an educator, I got this a  week or so ago, and we were given until
Monday, Sept 12 to comment on it.   I don't know why they bothered, as there were
no changes made whatsoever.   Not to mention there would have been no time
for them to read any/all of the  comments and even consider making changes.

For all the "little"  educators out there, that might put on a conference
or program in one room, and  you have ONE table of books to sell????  You
will, according to this new  ruling, have to rent a separate room in the hotel
in order to sell your one  little table of books.

Not a huge deal for a big conference that has an exhibit hall anyway, but a
 bit offputting for those of us that are educators and may have a few
things for  sale in the back of the room.

Sigh.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCA
Lactation  Education Consultants
_www.lactationeducation.com_ (http://www.lactationeducation.com)