From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:11:19 +0100
On 31 Dec 2007 at 11:01, Winnie Mading wrote:

> However, we shouldn't go to the
> opposite extreme and say there is no risk at all.  We just need to put
> it in perspective.  People who birth at home have a backup plan, but
> not let it get in the way of the normal experience.

You are describing Dutch homebirth practice. Homebirth is the norm for most people (more
and more elect a policlinical hospital birth, get in for birth and leave about an hour after
everyone is settlede after birth), but when it is necessary, the mother-to-be is transferred to
the hospital. In our country the hospital never is far away.
---
Heleen Hayes, http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes