From:
Evonne Davison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 12:49:23 -0400
I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!
 I have just come from working the holiday w/e.  On friday they were induced
on Saturday I had to deal with the mess!  These babies have no interest in
sucking!  I can deal with normal newborn sleepiness, but these babies can not
suck! Not with all the oral stim in the world.  I do not feel comfortable
even trying a cup on a baby who will not move his/her tounge!   Forget any
motion at the breast.
     Now. What I need is help doing research on proving this exist and why
the drugs they are using in the epidural is contributing to this.  We have a
computer system now in place in the hospital.  My husband can write reports
off of this system.  We can get info. like- who had epidurals, who needed LC
help, and who required supplementation.
     My problem is what to do with the info.  I have no clue on properly done
research.  I need some Expert Lactitionist help!  I work with Dr.'s who don't
even read certain medical articles if they have been published in certain
journals, Some have refused because, "those magazines take articles that
couldn't get published any where else".  And I'm not talking about JHL.
  There is potential with this, right?  Any one already doing this that can
share?
thanks,
Evonne