Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:06:24 -0500
> I almost never
>use cabbage leaves because I am lazy, and because I haven't found that it
>helps more than my cold packs.

Talk about lazy, I don't even like to wear shoes that I have to buckle or
tie...

After I had oral surgery a few years ago, I simply went to bed with a
cabbage.  As I felt like it, I tore the central vein out of a leaf, crumpled
the leaf slightly in my hand, and tied it to my cheek with a scarf.  I
tossed the used leaves and veins in a wastebasket.  Nothing could have been
lazier!  I used what was left of the head for coleslaw.

(I took peas to bed, too, but they were more trouble.  I had to keep getting
up to re-freeze them, and I didn't feel I had a useable vegetable at the
end.)

--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com