From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:43:58 -0600
To Nicole and others:  GO for it, get your IBCLC.  The hospitals will
ONE DAY recognize the IBLCE credential as THE  credential.  Yes, it
needs to get tougher (with supervised practice and maybe an internship?)
I am working with my hospital to show economic justification for LC's,
and our definition of LC is IBLCE - not necessarily a nurse.  It depends
on how the hospital uses the LC - as lactation exclusively or as a
shared staffing person.