Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:48:33 +0000
>. Before you can
>blink baby makes straight for the breast and sucks in the nipple like a
>little vacuum cleaner before mum has time to think about what's happening.
>The ambulance crew are even more anxious to move, but have to wait now while
>baby finishes her feed!
>Later in the hospital thoughtless person offers mum a bottle, 'Oh no, I'm
>breastfeeding ' says mum. And she is still. Well I know it wasn't exactly
>informed choice but what the heck?
>Hilary Myers RM IBCLC
>Somerset, England

Awww! Brilliant story : )

Lets hope the empowerment of the mother continues - sometimes the
whole thing is so *fragile* and it may not take much for
breastfeeding to crumble, so a lot depends on who she sees, and what
she is told, in the next few days and weeks.

Having said that, my experience of the strength of skin to skin and
the baby 'helping itself' is that these are the best conditions for
empowerment to become rock solid!!

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, UK