From:
Dina Chieffo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 07:55:23 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/99 12:23:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] (Lisa Mooney) writes:

<< The
 sister told me family bed would not have been an option because she was so
 hyperaware of her babes prescence that she would not have been able to sleep
 if they had been in the same bed. What do fellow lactnetters with the family
 bed experience think of this comment ? Lisa >>

Personally, I was so "hyper-aware" of my baby that I could not sleep if she
was NOT in or directly beside my own bed. I could not sleep if I could not
hear her breathing and feel that she was warm. (First-time mother's neurosis,
or a rather beneficial survival instinct? I say the latter.) The inability to
relax with a baby nearby would indicate other issues that concern me, which
appear to travel with the other observations you made about this woman. Too
bad ~  She's missing out on some great experiences as a mother. Maybe her
sister (your friend) will be a positive model for her.

Warmly,
Dina Chieffo (LLLL)
Woodbridge, CT
Typing with my sleeping child just 12 feet from my desk. Gee, I can still
concentrate with my child sleeping nearby! Hmmmm....   ;)