Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:33:31 -0800
<<There is a wonderful novel I just read that explores the move of norma
birthing at home to a medicalized controlled environment. It is beautifully
written and set in Nova Scotia. The title is "The Birth House" by Ami McCay.
I hope that any of you that read it enjoy it as much as I did.>>

I looked at this at the bookstore the other day and it did look
interesting.  I'll have to pick it up sometime.  For Christmas, my husband
gave me 2 HUGE thick bricks in french ~:-o called "Les accoucheuses" (tome 1
and tome 2) which look somewhat daunting ;-) but I have read the first 2
chapters of the first and I will slog my way through.  They are about
midwives in Montréal in the mid 1800's...the story looks interesting.

Fio
Mama to Sandrine (7.5, weaned at 6), Nyssa (5, weaned at 4.75) and ? EDD
08/08.

--
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's the
basic grammar that every woman ought to know." - Mistinguett

http://babystrology.com/tickers/baby-ticker-glass.swf?parent=Fio&year=2008&month=8&day=20&babycount=1
http://www.rabais-coupons.com pour des coupons virtuels